NCG seminar

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Dec 14 14:52:03 CET 2015

*"NON-COMMUTATIVE GEOMETRY" SEMINAR
<https://www.math.sissa.it/content/non-commutative-geometry-seminars>*

Friday 18 December 2015 at 11:00AM
Venue: Department of Mathematics, Trieste University, Seminar Room -
Third Floor bld H2bis

Prof. Teoman Turgut (Boğaziçi University, Istanbul)
"Some ideas for BEC on a manifold"

Abstract.
Here, we briefly discuss the usual BEC for free bosons on a manifold
with non-negative Ricci tensor (which is at the moment a technical
restriction). We then study the condensation of bosons with repulsive
delta interaction by means of  Bogoliubov theory. The ground state
energy, depletion of the condensate are expressed in terms of heat
kernel of the Laplacian for the domain. As a by product we provide an
intuitive picture of the Thermodynamic limit within Bogoliubov theory
for convex domains in three dimensional flat space.