prof. Pusateri's lectures at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Fri Dec 4 10:19:23 CET 2015

/*
Fabio Pusateri, *//Princeton University /

SISSA, Room 005, Monday 25 January, time 14.30, and  Wednesday  27
January, time 14.30

/Title:/ *The water waves equations*

*First Lecture: (*Monday 25 January, 14.30)
I will being by introducing the water waves equations which model the
motion of waves such as those on the surface of the ocean. After
reviewing some of the main results concerning the Cauchy problem for
this system, I will discuss the question of global regularity for water
waves in the context of quasilinear evolution equations. I will conclude
this first lecture by describing some of our results on this topic, and
talk about some open questions.

*Second Lecture:* (Wendsday  27 January, 14.30)
I will start by presenting some results on the global regularity for the
water waves system in two dimensions (one dimensional interfaces) driven
by gravity or surface tension (joint with A. Ionescu).
I will then discuss a more recent result on the global regularity for
the gravity-capillary problem in three dimensions (joint with Y. Deng,
A. Ionescu and B. Pausader).