NCG seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Thu Dec 3 08:53:06 CET 2015

"NON-COMMUTATIVE GEOMETRY" SEMINAR

Monday 7 December 2015 at 11:30AM
Venue: Department of Mathematics, Trieste University, Seminar Room -
Third Floor bld H2bis

Prof. Teoman Turgut (Boğaziçi University, Istanbul)
"Heat kernel approach to singular problems"

Abstract.
We discuss the bound state spectrum of a particle moving on a Riemannian
manifold
under the influence of delta function potentials. We show that the
renormalization can be naturally accomplished by the heat kernel
approach. A slight generalization to the Klein-Gordon type particles are
also presented. Currently there is some interest on particles captured
by curves, modeled by singular interactions supported on such curves, we
present a generalization to our approach to circles embedded into a
Riemannian manifold. We also discuss the renormalization group flows of
these systems. If time permits a more ambitious generalization to
interacting bosons on a two dimensional manifold will be presented.