ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Friday 24 April at 14:00

Margherita Di Giovannantonio mdgiovan at ictp.it
Tue Apr 21 15:46:19 CEST 2015

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2015

Friday, 24 April, at 14:00 hrs.

Calvin Tadmon (University of Dschang, Cameroon)

Title: On the evolution problem for the Einstein-Vlasov system

Abstract:
This  talk is about the evolution problem associated to the
Einstein-Vlasov equations, with initial data specified on two
transversally intersecting
characteristic hypersurfaces. The main existence and uniqueness result
of the work is obtained by a contracting mapping principle, combined with
Sobolev inequalities and Moser estimates as well as energy inequalities
for first order and second order linear hyperbolic equations. The whole
investigation is conducted in appropriate weighted Sobolev spaces.

Venue:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)