NCG seminar at SISSA (1 December)

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Nov 24 14:44:56 CET 2014

NONCOMMUTATIVE GEOMETRY SEMINAR

B. Mesland (University of Warwick)

"Noncommutative geometry on Cuntz-Krieger algebras"

Monday 1 Dec. 16:00, SISSA room 134

We produce a variety of odd bounded Fredholm modules and odd spectral
triples on Cuntz-Krieger algebras by means of realizing these algebras
as ``the algebra of functions on a non-commutative space" coming from a
sub shift of finite type. We show that any odd $K$-homology class can be
represented by such an odd bounded Fredholm module or odd spectral
triple. The odd bounded Fredholm modules that are constructed are
finitely summable. The spectral triples are $\theta$-summable, although
their phases will already on the level of analytic $K$-cycles be
finitely summable bounded Fredholm modules. Using the unbounded Kasparov
product, we exhibit a family of generalized spectral triples, related to
work of Bellissard-Pearson, possessing mildly unbounded commutators,
whilst still giving well defined $K$-homology classes.