Talk by A. Lo Giudice

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Wed Jul 30 10:17:02 CEST 2014

==========================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS
==========================

Dr Alessio Lo Giudice (Universidade Estadual de Campinas,
Brazil) will give a talk on

ADHM data for Quot schemes on surfaces

on Thursday, July 31st, at 2:30 pm in room 136.

Abstract: We give an AHDM construction for the  finite length Quot scheme
of a vector bundle E over a surface X, i.e., the scheme S that parametrizes
0 dimensional quotients  of E. When E is the trivial bundle O_X the results
follow from a theorem of Baranovsky which shows that any such quotient
corresponds to a particular pair of nilpotent matrices. The same fact holds
true also when Q is a length 1 quotient of any vector bundle E, so using
induction on the length of Q we can construct AHDM data for S.

U. Bruzzo