Geometry seminar announcement

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Wed Apr 23 13:34:57 CEST 2014

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Alejandro Betancourt (Oxford University)

Title: Integrability of the Bryant soliton equation

Abstract: Ricci solitons were introduced by Richard Hamilton in the 80's
and they are a generalization of the better know Einstein metrics.
During this talk we will explore some of the basic theory around Ricci
solitons, focusing primarily on solitons with a high degree of symmetry.
In particular we will discuss an important example known as the Bryant
soliton and analyse the integrability properties of the equations
associated to this soliton.

Venue: SISSA, Monday 5 May at 2:30 pm in lecture room 136