prof. Livia Corsi's seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Tue Apr 22 08:36:48 CEST 2014

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Livia Corsi,
Univ. Roma La Sapienza

Title: Resonant tori of arbitrary codimension for quasi-periodically
forced systems

Abstract:
I will discuss the problem of persistence of lower-dimensional tori for
nearly
integrable Hamiltonian systems. I will show that for a system of rotators
subject to a small quasi-periodic forcing there exists at least one
quasi-periodic
solution with the same frequency as the forcing, assuming time-reversibility
on the perturbation (instead of a non-degeneracy condition as in the
literature). The result is obtained in collaboration with G. Gentile.

Venue: Thursday 8 May at 14:30 in lecture room 135