dr. Massarenti's seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Wed Nov 27 09:01:12 CET 2013

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Speaker: Alex Massarenti (CIMPA, Brasile).

Title: The rigidity of \bar M_0,n in positive characteristic

Abstract: M. Kapranov proposed the following conjecture about the
deformations of a smooth
scheme.
Let X be a smooth scheme, and let X_1 be the moduli space of
deformations of X,
X_2 the moduli space of deformations of X_1, and so on. Then X_dim(X)
is rigid, that is it
does not have infinitesimal deformations.
In this seminar we will prove this conjecture for the moduli space
\bar M_0,n, parametrizing
pointed rational curves, over a field K of positive characteristic.
As a consequence, Working over the ring of Witt vectors W(K), we will
derive that, over K,
the automorphism group of \bar M_0,n is S_n for n>=5.

Venue: SISSA, Wednesday 4 December at 4 pm in lecture room 136