seminar on 31 January

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Wed Jan 23 10:29:33 CET 2013

SEMINAR ANNOUCEMENT

Dr. Serena Dipierro

Title: Asymptotics of fractional perimeter functionals

Abstract: We deal with the asymptotic behavior of the s-perimeter of a
set E inside a domain U
as s->0.
We discuss necessary and sufficient conditions for the existence of such
limit,
by also providing an explicit formulation in terms of the Lebesgue
measure of E and U.
Moreover, we construct examples of sets for which the limit does not exist.
This is a work in collaboration with A. Figalli, G. Palatucci and E.
Valdinoci.

Venue: Thursday 31 January at 12:00 in lecture room 133

--
Dr. Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth
Secretary of the Mathematics Area
emanuele.tuillier at sissa.it