ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday, 12 February, at 14.30 hrs

Mabilo mabilok at ictp.it
Fri Feb 8 10:16:38 CET 2013

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2013

Tuesday, 12 February, at 14.30 hrs.

Roland Rabanal
(PUCP, Lima, Peru)

Title: Stability at infinity and Hurwitz vector fields

Abstract:
We present some spectral conditions in order to describe the phase
portrait of a planar vector field, in a neighborhood of infinity.
Suppose that X is a planar vector field whose linearization outside some
compact set is Hurwitz: it admits to the origin as a linear hyperbolic
attractor. Then by adding to X a constant vector, one obtains that the
infinity is either an attractor or a repellor.

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor , ICTP Leonardo Building