Seminar at SISSA next Tuesday

Cond.Matt. & Stat.Mech.Section cm at ictp.it
Thu Feb 7 16:19:10 CET 2013

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 12 February   -   11:00 a.m.

SISSA, Santorio Building,    Room 128 (1st Floor)

Marco BUDINICH     ( ICTP and University of Trieste )

"Clifford algebra for complex problems"

Abstract

In this talk I will present some complex, NP-complete problems, formulated in Clifford (spinor) Algebra. I will show that typically these problems require only a polynomial number of Clifford multiplications. I will then treat briefly the computational complexity of Clifford operations.

Subsequently I will present some results for Clifford algebras in arbitrary dimension that allow to better tackle the initial formulation of the complex problems.