Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Mabilo mabilok at ictp.it
Wed Jul 4 13:57:32 CEST 2012

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2012

Wednesday, 11 July, at 14.30 hrs.

Dr. Jinxing Xu
(USTC- Beijing, China)

Title: Conifold Transitions for Some Complete Intersection
Calabi-Yau Threefolds

Abstract: I will expain the process of conifold transition from
Calabi-Yau threefolds to connected sums of S^{3}X S^{3}. Following the
work of Y. Kawamata, G. Tian and R. Friedman, the existence of this kind
of conifold transition is reduced to the existence of pairwise disjoint
isolated rational curves in these Calabi-Yau threefolds. As an example,
I will deal with the complete intersection Calabi-Yau threefolds in
products of projective spaces.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor , ICTP Leonardo Building.