Seminar coming up

Condensed_Matter_Group cm at ictp.it
Thu Nov 3 20:55:42 CET 2011

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 8 November   -   11:30 hrs.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, ICTP Leonardo Building - 1st floor

Hubert  SALEUR  ( IPhT Saclay, Paris )

"Edge properties and the  absolute value of the topological angle"

Abstract

I will discuss the role of the absolute value (that is, not modulo 2\pi)
of the topological angle in conformal sigma models. This will be applied
to the spin quantum Hall (class C) problem, where I will show that the
different plateaus exhibit different transport properties due to the
presence of extra edge states.