Mathematics Seminar - Friday, 3 June 2011 at 10:00

Mabilo mabilok at ictp.it
Tue May 31 15:59:52 CEST 2011

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2011

Friday, 3 June at 10.00 hrs.

Prof. Valentino Tosatti
(Columbia University, New York, NY, USA)

"How do Calabi-Yau manifolds degenerate?"

Abstract: A Calabi-Yau manifold is a compact Kahler manifold with
vanishing first Chern class. Yau's solution of the Calabi Conjecture
implies that Calabi-Yau manifolds admit Ricci-flat Kahler metrics, which
in most cases are not explicit. We will address the problem of
understanding how these Ricci-flat metrics can degenerate, when the
complex structure is fixed.

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room(ICTP Leonardo Building, first floor)