Forthcoming Mathematics Seminar (next week)

math math at ictp.it
Wed Oct 13 16:52:49 CEST 2010

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2010

Wednesday, 20 October, at 14:30 hrs.

Professor Andrea Solotar
(Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina)

"Representation theory and homology of Yang-Mills algebras"

Abstract:  This is a joint work with Estanislao Herscovich.

Yang-Mills algebras have been defined by Alain Connes and Michel
Dubois-Violette in connection to some problems arising from string
theory and noncommutative quantum field theory.

Although it is possible to describe in a simple way every irreducible
finite dimensional representation, the task of characterizing the
complete category of representations of a Yang-Mills algebra is rather
difficult.

The aim of this talk is threefold.

In the first place, I will recall the general definitions and the main
properties of these algebras.

Then, I will focus on exhibiting certain families of representations
fine enough to separate elements of the Yang-Mills algebras.

Finally, I shall also present several computations in relation to
homological properties for these algebras, in particular, the
Hochschild and Cyclic homology.

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room
(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)