Forthcoming Mathematics Seminar (next week)

math math at ictp.it
Thu Nov 18 12:08:14 CET 2010

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2010

Tuesday, 23 November, at 14:00 hrs.

Dr. Eric U. Ofoedu
(Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Nigeria/ICTP)

"Further investigation on iteration processes for pseudocontractive maps"

Abstract:

A new iteration process for approximation of fixed points of
bounded continuous pseudocontractive mapping is proposed and strong
convergence theorems obtained. The iteration scheme seems simpler and
more efficient than those previously introduced for this class of
operators by several authors. As an application, we prove that a slight
modification of our new scheme could be employed for approximation of
zeros of bounded continuous accretive operators.

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room
(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)