Forthcoming Mathematics Seminar (next week)

math math at ictp.it
Tue Nov 9 13:54:34 CET 2010

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2010

Tuesday, 16 November, at 14:00 hrs.

Professor Thomas Bouetou
(Ecole Nationale Superieure Polytechnique, Younde', Cameroon)

"On representations of Bol algebras"

Abstract:

There is a long tradition in algebraic theory to investigate the
structure of algebras, their category, their representations and their
cohomology and homology. More recently, representations of Lie triple
systems has been given by using the symmetric bundles. It is well known
that, Lie triple systems appear as particular Bol algebras. Today, in
some sense, a structure theory of Bol algebras is given. In this paper,
the category of Bol algebras is firstly studied. Secondly, after using
the notion of Bol modules, the construction of representations of Bol
algebras is obtained. We also investigate the dual representations of
Bol algebras and give the duality principle for such algebras.

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room
(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)