Seminar of the Department of Physics

marzolino at ts.infn.it marzolino at ts.infn.it
Mon Mar 22 10:03:23 CET 2010

Dear professors, researchers and students

I would like to announce the seminar held by Ugo Marzolino on Thursday 25
March at 3pm in Room 204 of the Department of Physics (Leonardo Building).
Everyone who is interested is welcome.

TITLE:
Reconstruction of Master Equation Parameters trought symplectic tomography

ABSTRACT:
In open quantum systems, phenomenological master equations with unknown
parameters are often introduced. Here we propose procedures based on
quantum tomography to reconstruct the potentially unknown parameters of a
wide class of Markovian and non-Markovian master equations. According to
our scheme, the system under investigation is initially prepared in a
Gaussian state.  At an arbitrary time t, in order to retrieve the unknown
coefficients one needs to measure only a finite number of points along
tomograms. Due to the limited amount of measurements required, we expect
our proposal to be especially suitable for experimental implementations.

Best regards,
Ugo Marzolino.

believed to be clean.