prof. Mella's seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Mar 15 08:47:22 CET 2010

MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS SECTOR SEMINARS

Prof. Massimiliano Mella
(Università di Ferrara)

will hold a seminar on:

"On fiber type morphisms of \overline{M}_{0,n}"

abstract:
The geometry of \overline{M}_{0,n} is frequently controlled by
combinatorial arguments. In this talk I will try to show a different
approach, naturally inherited by Kapranov's beautiful construction of
this moduli space as blow up of the projective space.

The main question I will confront with is the following:
Is any fiber type morphism from \overline{M}_{0,n} factored via a
forgetful map ?

Using projective techniques partial interesting answer will be proposed.

Friday 19 March at 12.00 in SISSA lecture room G

--
Dr. Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth
Secretary of Mathematical Physics and Elementary Particle sectors
emanuele.tuillier at sissa.it