seminar announcement

Boris Dubrovin dubrovin at sissa.it
Mon Jun 21 11:11:28 CEST 2010

Dr. A.Kiselev (Mathematical Institute, Utrecht)

will give a seminar on

"Variational Lie algebroids"

on Tuesday, June 22 at 16:30 - 17:30
Room 136 of SISSA Santorio building

Abstract: The Lie algebroids over smooth manifolds are a convenient
and important construction in geometry, e.g., in Poisson dynamics. We
define the variational Lie algebroids over the infinite jet spaces of
mappings between smooth manifolds (e.g., from strings to space-time)
and give model examples of this construction. We expect it to be
relevant in the description of the short-range fundamental
interactions of elementary particles. [This is a joint talk with
J.W.van de Leur (Utrecht).]