Stat.phys. seminar coming up

Statphys statphys at ictp.it
Thu Feb 25 13:34:43 CET 2010

   JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

Tuesday, 2 March   -   11:00 hrs.

Lecture Room D  -   SISSA Main Building

M.A. RAJABPOUR   (Università di Torino)

"Discrete scale invariance and  stochastic Loewner evolution"

  Abstract

We will review briefly discrete scale invariance (DSI) and
applications.  Then using Weierstrass type functions as the drift of
Loewner equation we will propose some curves with DSI.  Using
numerical calculations we will offer some predictions for the
properties of these curves.  Finally the contour lines of 2D
Weierstrass function will be discussed as some fractal curves with the
similar properties.