Seminar of the Department of Physics

marzolino at ts.infn.it marzolino at ts.infn.it
Mon Apr 26 09:04:56 CEST 2010

Dear professors, researchers and students

I would like to announce the seminar held by prof. Maria Peressi on
Friday, 30 April, at 3pm in Room 204 of the Department of Physics
(Leonardo Building).
Everyone who is interested is welcome.

TITLE:
Materials for spintronics

ABSTRACT:
Spintronics (spin transport electronics or spin-based electronics)
concerns the study of control and manipulation of spin degrees of
freedom in solid-state systems.  Combining standard microelectronics
with spin-dependent effects that arise from the interaction between
spin of the carrier and the magnetic properties of the material offers
new possibilities. After a review of basic concepts and possible
applications, we will focus our attention on some examples of
materials for spintronics, such as diluted magnetic semiconductors and
half metals, which can be conveniently interfaced with the traditional
well assessed semiconductor technology.

Best regards,
Ugo Marzolino.

believed to be clean.