Errata Corrige- JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR - SPECIAL SEMINAR: "Unbalanced strongly interacting Fermi gas"

statphys statphys at ictp.it
Tue Nov 24 09:48:35 CET 2009

JOINT ICTP/SISSA STATISTICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR

SPECIAL SEMINAR

Thursday, 26 November 2009   -    11:00 hrs

Seminar Room
ICTP Leonardo Building - 1st floor

Alessio RECATI
(University of Trento)

"Unbalanced strongly interacting Fermi gas"

Abstract
We study the zero temperature properties of a trapped polarized Fermi
gas at unitarity by assuming phase separation between an unpolarized
superfluid and a polarized normal phase. The effects of the interaction
are accounted for using the formalism of quasiparticles to build up the
equation of state of the normal phase. Our predictions for the
Chandrasekhar-Clogston limit of critical polarization and for the
density profiles, including the density jump at the interface, are
confirmed with excellent accuracy by the recent experimental results.
The role of interaction on the radial width of the minority component,
on the gap of spectral functions, and on the spin oscillations in the
normal phase is also discussed. Our analysis points out the Fermi liquid
nature of these strongly interacting spin-polarized configurations.