Math. Phys. seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Apr 6 10:35:17 CEST 2009

MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS SECTOR ACTIVITIES

dr. Hua-Liang Chang
SISSA

will hold a seminar on:
"An introduction of mixed hodge structure"

Abstract:

 We will give a naive guide to mixed hodge structure theory
following notes of Alan H. Durfee (Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Math
Volume 40 Part 1 page 313).

 Mixed hodge structure is hodge structure for varieties that are not
compact or smooth. It was constructed by Deligne and studied in 80-90's
by Griffiths, Schmidt,... and others. In this talk I will present the
definition of MHS and three examples in the notes.

Wed. 8 April at 3.00 pm in SISSA lecture room C

--
Dr. Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth
Secretary of Mathematical Physics and Elementary Particle sectors
tuillier at sissa.it