Thursday's seminar

CM ICTP - Trieste cm at ictp.it
Mon Nov 17 15:13:42 CET 2008

SEMINAR on   Disorder and strong electron correlations

Thursday, 20 November      -  11:00 a.m.

Seminar Room,  Leonardo Building - first floor

P. ZHANG  (Institute of Modern Physics, Lanzhou)

"Topological objects in  two-gap superconductor"

Abstract

We discuss topological objects, in particular the non-Abrikosov
vortex and the magnetic knot made of the twisted non-Abrikosov
vortex, in two-gap superconductor.  We show that there are two types
of non-Abrikosov vortex in Ginzburg-Landau theory of two-gap
superconductor, the D-type which has no concentration of the
condensate at the core and the N-type which has a non-trivial profile
of the condensate at the core, under a wide class of realistic
interaction potential. Furthermore, with the Josephson interaction we
get the vortex molecule which is different from the axisymmetric vortex.