This week seminars

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon May 5 08:45:55 CEST 2008

MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS COLLOQUIUM

Monday 5 May, 14:30, SISSA Room D

Prof. Gregorio Falqui (Universita' Milano Bicocca)

"Manin matrices and determinantal formulas in quantum spin models"

Algebraic Geometry Seminar

Thursday 8 May, 14:30, SISSA Room C

Cristina Manolache (SISSA)

"Virtual Gysin Map and Gromov-Witten Invariants for Blow ups"

Abstract: The purpose of the seminar is to show that virtual classes are a natural generalization of classical intersection theory. Precisely, I will construct a "virtual-pullback", for morphisms of Deligne-Mumford type and show it satisfies the usual functoriality properties. As an application I will analyze Gromov-Witten Invariants of blow-ups.

Upcoming colloquium:

Mon 12 May 2008 14:30 SISSA Room D
Dr. C. Fontanari (Torino)
"Algebraic curves and moduli: a friendly introduction"