Mathematics Seminar (25 June)

Math math at ictp.it
Fri Jun 20 10:40:12 CEST 2008

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2008

Wednesday 25 June, at 14:30 hrs

Professor Oswald Riemenschneider
(University of Hamburg, Germany)

"Simple analytic proofs of the Prime Number Theorem"

Abstract:  In this quite elementary lecture I sketch two
quick and simple approaches to the Prime Number Theorem,
one (D. Newman, J. Korevaar) very well documented
in literature, the other one (E. Witt) at least lesser known.
Further, I will indicate how one can combine the two
to get a similarly short and elementary proof in
a generalized situation which includes the Prime Ideal Theorem.

VENUE:  SEMINAR ROOM (ICTP Leonardo Building, first floor)