Next week seminars

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Fri Jun 6 08:30:10 CEST 2008

MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS COLLOQUIUM

Monday 9 June, 14:30 SISSA Room D

Prof. Ramakrishnan Ramadas  (ICTP)

"A gauge-theoretic approach to the Hodge conjecture for certain abelian
fourfolds"

Geometry and Physics seminar

Tuesday 10 June, 14:30 SISSA Room C

Dr. Arthemy V. Kiselev (Utrecht)

"Operator-valued involutive distributions of evolutionary vector fields
and  their affine geometry"

Abstract: Involutive distributions of evolutionary vector fields that
belong to images of matrix operators in total derivatives are considered
and some classifications of the operators are obtained. In particular, we
describe endomorphisms of evolutionary derivations whose images are closed
w.r.t. the commutation and which induce hierarchies of Lie algebra
structures on the infinite jet spaces. Analysis of the deformation problem
for the operators suggests to distinguish their homotopy compatibility as
the analog of the Poisson pencils for Hamiltonian structures and the
strong compatibility as the commutation closure of sums of images for
N-tuples of the operators. This allows to endow the spaces of totally
compatible operators, which may not be the endomorphism solutions of the
classical Yang-Baxter equations, with a Lie algebra structure specified by
bi-differential structural constants. We show that the operators with
closed images determine flat non-Cartan connections on the module of
evolutionary vector fields such that the structural constants of the Lie
algebras are bi-differential Christoffel's symbols, and we conclude that
completely integrable hierarchies are the geodesics. Also, differential
complexes are constructed using the operators, which leads to a
realization of Lie algebroids over jet spaces in terms of homological
vector fields. A class of matrix operators, whose images are closed w.r.t.
the commutation, and the Koszul brackets induced in their pre-images are
assigned to integrable KdV-type hierarchies of symmetry flows on the
hyperbolic Euler-Lagrange Liouville-type systems (e.g., on the open 2D
Toda lattices associated with semi-simple Lie algebras). (following
arXiv:math-ph/0703082 , joint with Johan W. van de Leur)

Algebraic Geometry Seminar

Thursday 12 June, 14:30 SISSA Room C

Prof. Ugo Bruzzo (SISSA)

"Semistable principal Higgs bundles"