Seminar Announcement - OATS-DAUT SEMINAR - Wednesday, January 23rd, at 12:00 noon (Villa Bazzoni)

Gabriella Schiulaz schiulaz at oats.inaf.it
Mon Jan 21 09:33:24 CET 2008

I announce you next OAT-DAUT seminar:

                 OATS-DAUT SEMINAR

Speaker: Michele Cirasuolo (Institute for Astronomy, Edinburgh)

Title: Exploring the cosmic history of galaxies

Date: Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008
Time: 12:00
Venue: Villa Bazzoni (via Bazzoni, 2)

I will present the latest results obtained by the new UKIDSS Ultra Deep Survey (UDS). I will focus on the cosmological evolution of K-band selected galaxies, with particular emphasis devoted to the most massive sources and to the differential evolution of the populations of passive and star-forming galaxies. Furthermore, by exploiting the large area of the UDS field we investigate the properties of UV-selected galaxies at z~6, comparing the results with the latest predictions of the models of galaxy formation. Finally, I will briefly discuss our latest results on the evolution of dust-enshrouded massive galaxies obtained with the SHADES survey.
contact: Andrea Biviano (OATS)

Next week Seminar:
                 OATS-DAUT SEMINAR
Speaker: Giuseppe Lodato (University of Leicester)
Title: Some issues on planet formation theory