forthcoming seminars at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Tue Jun 12 08:27:32 CEST 2007

MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS SECTOR ACTIVITIES

Seminar on:

"Stack for everybody"

Etienne Mann

Abstract: The talk is a preparation for the next seminar on toric orbifolds. We will try to define only the notion that Fabio will use and give some basic examples.

Thursday 14th from 14:30 to 15:30 - Lecture Room C

"Toric orbifolds"

Fabio Nironi

Abstract : This talk is an introduction to toric stacks.  We will define toric orbifolds as a generalization of toric varieties. We will explain what is the geometrical interpretation of "the stacky fan". Next weeks, we will do some more technical talks on torics orbifolds. These seminars are an exposition of our (futur) paper "toric DM stacks"
(Barbara Fantechi, Fabio Nironi and Etienne Mann). It will be followed by a refreshment.

Thursday 14th from 15:50 to 16:50 - Lecture Room C