CM seminar coming up

CM ICTP - Trieste cm at ictp.it
Tue Feb 13 15:39:03 CET 2007

CONDENSED MATTER SECTION

SEMINAR on   Disorder and strong electron correlations

Thursday, 15 February   -    11:00 a.m.

Lecture Room 'C',  Main Bldg.- terrace level

V.E. KRAVTSOV   ( The Abdus Salam I.C.T.P. )

"Cooper instability near the Anderson transition"

Abstract

	We consider the simplest model of a disordered superconductor in which
electron interaction is attractive near the Fermi surface and the
Coulomb repulsion is absent.  In contrast to classical BCS theory we
assume the multifractal statistics of near critical one-particle
eigenstates near the Anderson transition.  Using different
approximations for the temperature of Cooper instability and generating
the multifractal states from the corresponding random-matrix ensembles
we find this temperature to be drastically increased at the Anderson
transition and behaving like a power 1/(1-D_2/3)~1.6 of the
dimensionless attraction constant.  Here D_2 is the correlation fractal
dimension of the single-particle eigenfunction which for the 3D
Anderson model is approximately equal to 1.3.  We also study the
superconducting temperature as a function of the
localization-correlation length in the vicinity of the Anderson
transition and show that the superconductivity persists in the Anderson
insulator until the level spacing in the localization volume becomes of
the order of the critical temperature exactly at the transition.