ICTP Mathematics Seminar (21 November)

Math math at ictp.it
Thu Nov 16 15:32:27 CET 2006

M A T H E M A T I C S  S E M I N A R S  2006

Tuesday, 21 November, at 14:00 hrs.

Professor Ashurov Ravshan Radjabovich
(Institute of Mathematics, Academy of Sciences, Tashkent, Uzbekistan)

"On the Eigenfunction Expansions of a Piecewise Smooth function"

Abstract: In 1956 V.A.Il'in proved that the eigenfunction expansion of a
piecewise smooth function associated with the Laplace operator in an
arbitrary two-dimensional domain converges uniformly on every compact
supset where the function is smooth.

Recently (for last 10 years) this problem for elliptic operators of
second order was studied in different works of authors M.Taylor,
M.Pinsky, L.Brandolini, L.Colzani, Sh.Alimov and others.

The main purpose of the lecture is to show that the same results are
valid for elliptic operators of an arbitrary order m.

Venue: Seminar room (ICTP Main Building, first floor)