ICTP-SISSA Colloquium on 21 March

ICTP info point info_pt at ictp.it
Mon Mar 6 11:18:07 CET 2006

ICTP/SISSA Joint Colloquium in Mathematics

Tuesday, 21 March, at 14:00

Professor Umberto Zannier
Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa

"Integral points on algebraic varieties: a survey of old and more recent
results."

Abstract: We shall survey the diophantine problem of integral points  on
algebraic varieties. After recalling a number of classical results and
methods, we shall present some new ones,  obtained in joint work with P.
Corvaja and further developed by A. Levin. Some of these results
concern especially nonsingular surfaces, while others arise from
diophantine equations with linear recurrences. We shall also outline the
main principles of some of the proofs.

Venue: Seminar Room, ICTP