[RegCNET] Two important things: RegCM workshop and Special Issue

GIORGI FILIPPO giorgi at ictp.it
Wed Feb 5 12:52:51 CET 2020

Dear Regcneters

we wanted to alert you about two important items coming up

1) RegCM workshop. This year our RegCM workshop will be only one week long
(actually, 5 and half days, with saturday morning devoted to the project
presentations), because we had logistical problems having to do with the
EGU assembly. Our workshop will be during the week following the EGU
Assembly, i.e. 11-16 May, so that perhaps if some of you go to EGU, then
they can come here saving us some funding. Being only one week, indeed we
also have a lower budget available, so if you can support yourself it will
be of great help. The important aspect of the workshop this year is that
it will focus much more on hands-on classes, because we will have a
prototype version of RegCM5 including a new dynamical core which is much
faster and hopefully more accurate than the present one, especially at
convection-permitting scales. We therefore want to use the workshop (and
your help) to test this beta version of RegCM5 over different domains and
resolutions. The application deadline is MARCH 13, so if you are
interested hurry up and apply.

2) As some of you know, there is a Special Issue (SI) of Climate Dynamics
open on the analysis of our CORDEX-CORE simulations. 12 papers have been
submitted so far to meet the Dec 31 IPCC deadline, however the deadline
for the SI is MArch 31. This means that there is still plenty of time to
submit papers for it, and we strongly encourage you to do so to enrich the
SI. All CORDEX-CORE data are publicly available on the ESGF web site, and
if you need info on how to get it you can contact Graziano (as usual). In
fact I think you can also get data for the REMO CORDEX-CORE runs, in case
you want to look at two models.

Hope to see many of you this spring, as usual there is always much to do
and we need your help

best regards to all

Filippo, on behalf of the RegCM team.