[RegCNET] how clmi.IQCNDV.0201-01-01_1.9x2.5_gx1v6_simyr2000_c100316.nc file read by RegCM4 model

Wang, Guiling gwang at engr.uconn.edu
Wed Dec 16 13:42:10 CET 2015

Samy,
My guess is that the file you have is a product of a global run driven with observational forcing. The best approach is for you to run your RegCM without CNDV to produce a climate forcing first, and then use that forcing to drive the offline CLM-CNDV model for hundreds of years to produce a restart file.  You will then need to interpolate or map *this* restart file to your RegCM grid using the corresponding interpinic code. This procedure has been explained in the Wang et al. Climate Dynamics paper. Hope this clarifies things.

If you are running RegCM with just the CN model (no DV model), then the global file you are looking at should work because the underlying vegetation distribution is the same between your RegCM and the offline CLM-CNDV used to produce this IQCNDV restart file.

Please note that this is about the methodology, which is a separate issue than the one I emailed you earlier about issues in the interpinic code.

Guiling