[RegCNET] CORDEX 2016 conference (deadline of Nov 30 approaching) and RegCM 2016 workshop

GIORGI FILIPPO giorgi at ictp.it
Tue Nov 3 16:25:20 CET 2015

Dear RegCNETers

I wanted to draw your attention onto two important events that will occur
next year, in fact, back-to-back (not accidentally).

First is the ICRC-CORDEX 2016 conference, which will take place in
Stockholm on May 17-20 2016. This is the third of the CORDEX
pan-conference series. You may remember the previous one in Brussels (Nov.
2013), which was
extremely succesfull. This conference will be most important, not only to
showcase the achievements of CORDEX so far, but also to discuss and
possibly approve the main activities of the next CORDEX phase. I feel it
is important that our community has a strong showing there, so I urge you
to participate to the conference and submit an abstract, either for an
oral or for a poster presentation. The deadline has been extended to NOV
30 2015, so there is time, but you should not wait until the last minute.
You can find the programme for the conference and the way to submit
abstracts in the conference web site (just google  ICRC CORDEX 2016).
There is also some funding for participants from developing countries, and
you can find info there on how to apply for it.

Right after the Stockholm CORDEX conference, we will hold our Eight RegCM
workshop on 23 May - 6 June. This will also be an exciting event, since we
hope to release some new features for the model, such as the
non-hydrostatic version, the interactive vegetation option and an updated
version of the new cloud microphysics. We will also discuss how our
community can contribute to the next CORDEX phase following the decisions
made in Stockholm. By being back-to-back events, we hope that some
founding can be saved in the participation to them. We are a bit late with
the poster announcement for the workshop, but hopefully can post it within
the next week or so. So please keep an eye on it. The funding we have is
limited, so it would be great if you can contribute from your own funding,
also taking advantage of participation to the CORDEX conference.

This is it for now. Please consider these two events, so as to provide a
strong showcase for our community,

best regards to all,    Filippo