[RegCNET] Necessity of enabling semilagrangian advection

Dhirendra Kumar dhirendra.cub at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 09:13:38 CEST 2015

Dear Folks,

Greetings...

I am giving some test run for an year with ERA Interim forcing using mixed
convection scheme (grell over land and emanuel over ocean). I've got one
doubt regarding the isladvec (semilagrangian advection scheme for tracers
and humidity) under physicsparam namelist section.
While using such convection schemes, do I really need to enable the
isladvec=1 (enable semilagrangian scheme) for the simulation. I've tried
enabling it but it gave me errors. Please tell me the physical significance
of the same (while enabled or disabled).

Regards
Dhirendra

Dhirendra Kumar
UGC-JRF