[RegCNET] Fatal Error: Cannot read module file 'mpi.mod' opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran

Syed Ahsan Ali ahsanshah01 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 17:35:47 CEST 2015

Dear Alex

I have been able to solve problem

 you can run

zcat mpi.mod | head

to confirm which gfortran was used to build the application

GFORTRAN module version '10' => gcc 4.8.3
GFORTRAN module version '12' => gcc 4.9.2
GFORTRAN module version '14' => gcc 5.1.0

i assume the failing command is mpifort ...
so you can run
mpifort -showme ...
to see the how gfortran is invoked.

it is likely mpifort simply run gfortran, and your PATH does not point
to gfortran 4.9.2

Ahsan