[RegCNET] Fatal Error: Cannot read module file 'mpi.mod' opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran

Alexander Bryan ambrya at umich.edu
Mon Jul 27 14:32:23 CEST 2015

I am getting the same error using openmpi-1.6.5 and gcc-4.8.1. The error
occurs at line 32 ("use mpi") of mod_mppparam.F90. This
<http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/sw/gfortran.html> suggests that gcc-4.8.1
(and probably 4.9.2) should be using mpi.mod version 10, yet the one I have
(in /share/pkg/openmpi/1.6.5/lib) is version 0. Do I (we) need an upgrade
of openmpi?

Thanks,
Alex