[RegCNET] emcre_grid product not working with interp_emission

James Ciarlo` james.ciarlo at physics.org
Tue May 5 12:46:33 CEST 2015

Dear RegCNETers,

I am trying to run RegCM with CBMZ and am currently trying to get through
the preprocessing, however, I am having problems with the interp_emission
command.

I am getting the following:
[regcm at grid Workspace]$ ./bin/interp_emissions core_chem.in
EMISSION INTERPOLATION SCRIPT READY.
cdo gencon: Started child process
"setgrid,/home/regcm/DATA/RCP_EMGLOB_PROCESSED/grids/CMIP5_grid.nc
/home/regcm/DATA/RCP_EMGLOB_PROCESSED/IIASA/HIST_ALD2.nc (pipe1.1)".
Warning (define_all_grids) : Variable height has an unsupported grid,
skipped!
cdo gencon: Map 1 weight < 0! grid1idx=180070 grid2idx=255 nlink=169
wts=-0.109107

So basically all grids are skipped, so I checked the REGCM_grid.nc produced
from emcre_grid and I cannot open it (at least with GrADSNCPlot and
Prepare).

getting the following;
 NetCDF: Invalid dimension ID or name

 GrADSNcPrepare.F90 :      169:Dimension x missing:          -46
abort: Fortran Abort Called

I am running out of ideas on how to solve this. Is this a problem with my
script (attached)?

Regards,
James