[RegCNET] UW PBL Validation Paper -- Open for commentary

Travis O'Brien travis.obrien at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 19:35:40 CET 2011

Dear RegCNET Members,

A manuscript describing and validating the addition of a new boundary layer
parameterization to RegCM--the UW PBL--has been posted to Geophysical Model
Development Discussions.  This manuscript will serve as the main reference
for studies that use RegCM with the UW PBL.  If all goes well, I believe
that the UW PBL should be included as an option in the next major release
of RegCM.

GMD uses an open-review process, where the manuscript is posted as a
discussion article prior to publishing in GMD; the editors solicit several
anonymous reviews, and the general community is also allowed to comment on
the work.  The link at the end of this e-mail leads to the discussion
paper, and it will permanently lead to the main GMD paper if the manuscript
passes the review process.  The paper is under review until February 2012.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this, and I would invite
you to use the GMDD commentary process if you have any substantive feedback.

http://geosci-model-dev-discuss.net/4/3437/2011/gmdd-4-3437-2011.html
doi:10.5194/gmdd-4-3437-2011

Kind Regards,
-Travis O'Brien-