[RegCNET] Using alternate land cover file

Heidi Stauffer hlstauffer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 01:34:54 CET 2011

Dear Fellow RegCM users,

I have started using RegCM4.1.1 to conduct sensitivity tests involving
land use change and have encountered a problem when I attempted to
change the terrain code to redirect the model to another land cover
file.  The landuse text file and the domain file generated by running
terrain (during the pre-processing procedure) reflected the default land
cover (GLCC_BATS_30s.nc), not the land cover file I intended to use
(also in netCDF format).  I spent several hours editing the landuse text
file by hand to approximate the intended land cover changes before
running the model.

In the past, I used RegCM3 for a very similar experiment with no issues,
using the same alternate land cover file, and changing the terrain code
to redirect to the alternate land cover file.  I will be continuing to
conduct sensitivity tests involving land use using RegCM4.1.1, and need
to be able to use the land cover generated during the pre-processing
procedure, rather than approximate the alternate land cover and edit the
landuse text file accordingly.  I would appreciate any assistance in
this matter.

Thank you!

Regards,
Heidi

--
Heidi L. Stauffer, M.S.
PhD Candidate
hstauffe at ucsc.edu
(831) 459-3504

The important thing is not to stop questioning.--Albert Einstein