[RegCNET] Temperature simulated with RegCM4-CLM3.5

suxingtao at sina.com suxingtao at sina.com
Wed Aug 24 10:22:45 CEST 2011

Dear RegCM4-CLM3.5 developers,
Now I am studying the difference of climate effects with BATS1e and CLM3.5 land modle over East Asia. But I found the surface temperature simulated with RegCM4-CLM3.5 was averaged lower (area averaged about 6 degrees, up to 10 degrees over some regions) than NCEP reanalysis data or station observation data. By contrast, the RegCM4-BATS model simulates the similar distribution and value of the surface temperature. Why the bias is so high? Is CLM3.5 model not completely coupled with RegCM4 model? My spin-up time is one year. Please kindly give me some suggestions. Three figures of temperature distributions in apr2006 are attached. You can see the difference among them. Thanks very much in advance.
Su