[RegCNET] problem of GrADSNcPlot

Graziano Giuliani ggiulian at ictp.it
Mon Jun 13 14:04:39 CEST 2011

On 06/13/2011 01:24 PM, suxingtao at sina.com wrote:
[...]
>   -->  The invalid description file record is:
>   -->  dtype netcdf
[...]

 From the above message, it seems that the grads executable used does not
support netCDF. As the binary downloaded from IGES have this enabled by default,
I may argue that the binary used has been compiled from source without the
netCDF support.
My hint is:

1) Download latest GrADS version from IGES
-or-
2) Compile GrADS from source with netCDF I/O format support enabled.

Ciao!

--
Graziano Giuliani - Earth System Physics Section
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics