[RegCNET] ChyM code

Asif Osman Asif.Osman at cern.ch
Wed May 18 06:23:31 CEST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I have downloaded the ChyM code and trying to run it. But it fails for one or the other reason.
After doing some tweaks it is now at the stage where it starts processing data, but fails to open the confini/ europa file.

[root at cluster001 ChyM]# ./chym4.csh
0.017u 0.018s 0:00.36 5.5%      0+0k 0+0io 0pf+0w
01010100_eraint.dat
01010100
1
./tmp/chymout.01010100
744
  chym4.csh  -  CETEMPS Hydrological Model Preprocessor  -  Version 4.0
                         First row written on March, 18 2002
                        1000th row written on April, 12 2002
                      2000th row written on November, 29 2002
                      3000th row written on December, 03 2003
                         4000th row written on May, 22 2006
                         Date of Release: May 5, 2009

 Compiling chym4.csh fortran
      -silent -Mextend -byteswapio  option will be used on this platform.
 Running chym4.csh.exe

       Start of chym4.csh version 4.0 fortran code

            Building grid.
               650 longitudes in the range:  7.20-13.04
               300 latitudes in the range: 44.06-46.75
               Approximate Resolution:  996.7 meters.
               The side in zonal direction is  299.2 Km.
               The side in longitudinal direction is  466.6 Km.
               Defining Weights for Cellular routines.
            Done.

            Builting Digital Elevation model from MuSEO db.
               World USGS DEM will be used.
                  Using tile W020N90    -20.0     20.0     40.0     90.0
                     195000 points used tu fill CHYM matrix
               Italian DEM will be used.
               Used data of zones: 119 120 121 122 123 124 132 133 134 135 136
                       137 138 145 146 147 148 149 150 15
               Checking DEM in order to avoid undefined cells.
               Done.
            Done.

            Building Land Use Map using USGS data.
               After 0 d2icellcycle cicles 0 undefined points.
               Correcting LandUse map using DEM model.
            Done.

            Building Flow Direction Map.
               DEM Smoothing with CA alg:  400 cycles
               DEM Smoothing with filling alg: 1000 cycles
               No-flow points are 18
               No-flow points are 3 after 5 CA Algorithm Correction
               No-flow points are 3 after 10 CA Algorithm Correction
               No-flow points are 3 after 15 CA Algorithm Correction
               No-flow points are 3 after 20 CA Algorithm Correction
               Correcting flow-dir with direction-algorithm.
               No-flow points are now 3
               30512 DEM cells modified by demsmoothing during cycle   1
                1494 DEM cells modified by demsmoothing during cycle  10
                 517 DEM cells modified by demsmoothing during cycle  20
                 290 DEM cells modified by demsmoothing during cycle  30
                 121 DEM cells modified by demsmoothing during cycle  40
                  75 DEM cells modified by demsmoothing during cycle  50
                  41 DEM cells modified by demsmoothing during cycle  60
                  31 DEM cells modified by demsmoothing during cycle  70
                   4 DEM cells modified by demsmoothing during cycle  80
                   0 DEM cells modified by demsmoothing during cycle  84

                 Flow Check Module Called.
                     Maximum value of "Rolling Stones" is:  112352.0
                     on the point 526- 87 (44.83400N-11.92500E)

 Removing all tmp files.
 Done.
cp: cannot stat `tmp/chymrest.out': No such file or directory
59.994u 0.731s 1:37.97 61.9%    0+0k 0+0io 0pf+0w
File is present at the path:
ls -l museo/dat/confini/europa

But code can't locate it. copied and created soft links at possible locations, but could not fix the problem.
Tried to search about the solution, but found none.
Probing tracks lead to object libraries (libchym.a, libmvgraf.a, libmv.a, etc.) but one can't go further as source codes of these libraries are not available.

Any kind of help/suggestion will be appreciated!

Regards,
Asif Osman