[RegCNET] Stagnant upper atmosphere in RegCM?

GIORGI FILIPPO giorgi at ictp.it
Tue May 17 09:46:27 CEST 2011

Dear Maurice

I would say that at the moment RegCM is not really designed to do detailed
stratosphere studies, at least in its standard configuration. The model
top is usually between 50 and 100 hPa (you should check what you are using
as model top) and in its standard configuration there are only a few
levels above 200 hPa.

It is great if you can test the model for stratospheric studies, but in
this case you probably need to substantially change its configuration in
the upper troposphere/stratosphere, increase model top and use many more
layers.

I would be itnerested in knowing your progress on this,

cheers,   Filippo