[RegCNET] Climate Research

FILIPPO GIORGI giorgi at ictp.it
Wed Sep 10 11:42:52 CEST 2008

Dear RegcNETers

I just wanted to let you know that I have become one of the Editors of the
journal Climate Research. In the last few years the journal has had some
problems and the Impact Factor dropped. However, in order to revive it the
whole editorial board was changed and it now includes some excellent
people.

The Journal is devoted to interdisciplinary research related to climate,
climate change, impacts, adaptation, effects of human activities on
climate (e.g. aerosols, land-use change), extremes etc. Traditionally, for
example, it published many downscaling papers, in particular as they look
at impact applications. Now the board has decided to enhance the
climate/climate modeling component of the Juornal and in fact I think this
can be an excellent vehicle for Regional modeling, downscaling, impact
applications of various types, human effects on climate etc. The journal
is free of charge and another attractive policy is to have a relatively
quick publication process, including early on-line and open access
publication (I think this with some small charge). We hope to make of this
journal an important one in the next years.

All this to encourage you to consider Climate Research as a suitable
journal for submitting your papers,

best regards to all,   Filippo Giorgi

# Filippo Giorgi, Head                                         #
# Earth System Physics Section                                 #
# The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics #
# P.O. BOX 586, (Strada Costiera 11 for courier mail)          #
# 34100 Trieste, ITALY                                         #
# Phone: + 39 040 2240 425                                     #
# Fax: + 39 040  2240 449                                      #
# email: giorgi at ictp.it                                        #