STAFF ONLY - 2008/0030 (Latest News from the Fund for Hunger)

Staff Only Messages staff at ictp.trieste.it
Fri Jun 6 09:01:59 CEST 2008

Further to the staff-only message 2008/0028 of 15 May and the generous
contributions received by many donors and the ICTP Administration, we
are glad to inform you that we are now able to send the following
contributions for the victims of the earthquake in China:

Euro 2,000 to the Red Cross in China
Euro 2,000 to the Half the Sky Foundation (Asia) Ltd
(http://www.halfthesky.org/)

and to other humanitarian organizations:

Euro 1,400 to the Prayas Nepal social organization
(http://www.prayasnepal.org/)
Euro 1,500 to the MAITRI Charitable Trust, Bodhgaya, Bihar, India
(http://www.fpmt.org/maitri/)

We also carry on sponsoring the education of some deserving and needy
students in developing countries.

We are still enquiring about the most suitable way to donate to the
victims of Myanmar's Cyclone Nargis, please let us know whether you can
help us identifying the best way to reach our target.

Thanks for your continuous support.

The Fund For Hunger Committee
http://users.ictp.it/fund/