Illy Colloquia, virtual participation invitation

ICTP/infopoint - Emili Sabina infopoint at ictp.it
Wed Sep 21 20:35:58 CEST 2022

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of Prof. Romain Murenzi, UNESCO-TWAS Executive Director, and
Ms. Anna Illy, President Fondazione Ernesto Illy, we are pleased to
invite you to the “Ernesto Illy Colloquia: Sustainability challenges in
coffee growing worldwide” to be held as a hybrid event, on 27-29
September in Trieste, Italy.

The event will address key challenges in coffee research, growth and
production. Coffee is not only a world commodity but also a resource for
many developing countries. The general decrease in commodity prices,
including coffee, as well as the consequences of climate change put at
serious risk numerous communities worldwide who depend on coffee
production for their livelihoods.
Through presentation, round-tables and workshop breakout groups, this
even will look into these challenges and provide opportunities to
connect, transfer knowledge and build collaborations between researchers
and coffee experts, both in developing and developed countries.

If you wish to attend the event, we kindly ask you to click on this link
<https://unesco-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_B8zbhaD6R-iNnfZs6UpKaQ>and
register to the conference through Zoom. Kindly note that the event is
passport protected and that the same link will be used for the 3 days.

If you encounter any issue with the registration, or need any additional
information, please do not reply to this email direct. Kindly contact us
at illycolloquia at twas.org.

Attached to this email, the preliminary agenda of the Conference.

Thank you for your attention and we looking forward to receiving your
online participation.

Best regards,

Max Paoli
Programme Coordinator